SA 7: Integrated Project
SA7 is composed of three main parts, as follows:
- Field trips with presentations on case studies
- Seminars on conservation subjects not addressed in the course
- Comprehensive analysis of case studies in groups of 3 to 5 students
Within the last and most important item listed above, students have to develop the survey, inspection, diagnosis, stability analysis, design project, cost estimation, monitoring and maintenance plans of a representative case study.
Dozens of different case studies have been analysed so far, from Cathedrals to Castles, from Palaces to Bridges, in the four partner countries. You can check this Church from Spain, this Building from Italy, this Castle from the Czech Republic or this Church from Portugal.
Within the current edition, the following case studies are being studied:
- Convent from the 12th century
- Church from the 16th century
- Metallic structure from the 19th century
- Football stadium from the 1940's
- Historical city centre of Leiria
(Last update: October 2018)